El Barrio/East Harlem Street Photography Workshop
- Techniques to overcome a fear of shooting street photography
- Using composition to capture better photos
- Exploring different styles of shooting street photography
- Choosing camera settings for street
- All while exploring a culturally rich neighborhood and having fun
This is a 4 hour street photography workshop in Harlem is limited to 6 people. This is a new workshop and it is entirely in East Harlem aka El Barrio. We spend the entire time on the street shooting, discussing and reviewing. No matter your level of experience amateur to professional. All digital cameras are good for the workshop. And film works too! There is a brief online portfolio review to be scheduled after the event.
The workshop runs rain or shine with the exception of extreme weather. Make certain to have fully charged batteries, empty memory cards, wear comfortable shoes and prepare for the weather. You can see some of my recent street photography on my site.
"Street Photography with Leanne Staples - I have great hopes of becoming a better photographer than I am. I recently had the pleasure of doing a solo street shoot of Harlem and El Barrio with Leanne. I had a great afternoon and learned a lot about both NYC and street photography. This was an excellent opportunity." - Drew, Saskatoon, Canada.